Is Mount Rushmore just government sanctioned vandalism or graffiti?
Peter Norbeck sponsored the project and secured federal funding on public land and it was considered an American shrine according to the request for federal money. I would say that since the Native Americans called is slaughter mountain that the “Shrine” in question would highlight the previous presidents that fought to allow Indians to keep their…. maybe not.
But it did cost a mere million bucks in 1927 and the revenue today from this federal funded graffiti is $177 million per year. So the government is making BANK from this vandalism. Not sure what they do with this golden goose of a mountain, but I would pander that it was not to help out the Natives they stole the land from. Just saying.
- too busy to text you back - January 22, 2020
- The texting has stopped - January 18, 2020
- Taking care of business - January 15, 2020
- Am I cute? - January 11, 2020
- Mean Girlfriend - January 8, 2020
- Drunken Blame - January 4, 2020
- Drunk - January 1, 2020
- the end of the sale - December 28, 2019
- Do they want you? - December 25, 2019
- Superiority complex - December 21, 2019
- Drunk at work - December 18, 2019
- a job? - December 14, 2019