Is Mount Rushmore just government sanctioned vandalism or graffiti?
Peter Norbeck sponsored the project and secured federal funding on public land and it was considered an American shrine according to the request for federal money. I would say that since the Native Americans called is slaughter mountain that the “Shrine” in question would highlight the previous presidents that fought to allow Indians to keep their…. maybe not.
But it did cost a mere million bucks in 1927 and the revenue today from this federal funded graffiti is $177 million per year. So the government is making BANK from this vandalism. Not sure what they do with this golden goose of a mountain, but I would pander that it was not to help out the Natives they stole the land from. Just saying.
- Saved by the Bell - April 20, 2020
- Energy Problems - April 16, 2020
- Silly Crime - April 13, 2020
- Crime Lab - April 10, 2020
- prison fun - April 6, 2020
- Class X Felony - April 5, 2020
- Astronaut Dreams - April 3, 2020
- HIGHways? - April 1, 2020
- Tips? - March 30, 2020
- Bad Influence - March 26, 2020
- How? - March 24, 2020
- Banned - March 22, 2020