What the hell is a Gavotte. I head it in a Carly Simon Song.
The gavotte is a French folk dance that was popular in the late 16th century. It was somewhat majestic and pose-y, long before vogueing came into … well, vogue. Simon has stated in interviews that she pictured the character in her song making a dramatic entrance, one hand raised and the other on his hip, much like those elegant pantaloon-wearing Baroque folks did back in the day.
So I’m guessing that if you can’t Gavotte to the boogie woogie, then the song is for sure not about you.
- Free Food - January 25, 2020
- too busy to text you back - January 22, 2020
- The texting has stopped - January 18, 2020
- Taking care of business - January 15, 2020
- Am I cute? - January 11, 2020
- Mean Girlfriend - January 8, 2020
- Drunken Blame - January 4, 2020
- Drunk - January 1, 2020
- the end of the sale - December 28, 2019
- Do they want you? - December 25, 2019
- Superiority complex - December 21, 2019
- Drunk at work - December 18, 2019