Is counterfeiting a state crime? I’ve gotten pretty good at making money on my printer and thought I could pay a few bills with them to get me by.
Mike Mendoza -San Francisco, California
Money if Federal, so counterfeiting would be a Federal Crime. According to Federal § 470 18 U.S.C. § 470 – U.S. Code – Unannotated Title 18. counterfeiting U.S. securities carries a potential fine of up to $250,000 and a maximum of 25 years in federal prison.
Although it is illegal, it considered one of the most lucrative businesses, worth about $150 billion a year and increasing. But I personally wouldn’t want to take that risk, but who knows your situation. Have fun with that one and say hi to Billie Jenkens when you are doing time in Penn State.
- White House Raid - June 10, 2020
- Saved by the Bell - April 20, 2020
- Energy Problems - April 16, 2020
- Silly Crime - April 13, 2020
- Crime Lab - April 10, 2020
- prison fun - April 6, 2020
- Class X Felony - April 5, 2020
- Astronaut Dreams - April 3, 2020
- HIGHways? - April 1, 2020
- Tips? - March 30, 2020
- Bad Influence - March 26, 2020
- How? - March 24, 2020